Monday, April 17, 2006

The proposal


CJ typically cooks an omelette on most weekend mornings, so I figured that Sunday would be no different.

I put the ring inside the egg container on the refrigerator door hoping she would notice it. Unfortunately, she pulled eggs from a different egg carton and didn't see the ring.

I had to go to plan B.

I told her I wanted a 4th egg in my 3 egg omlette, especially since I recently found out she throws away one yoke. She said the additional egg would be hazardous to my health. You don't need a 4th egg." I told her I did and she finally gave in.

I went to the fridge to get a 4th egg, but instead took the ring and hid it behind my back. She said "Give me the 4th egg -- but you don't need it" I walked over to her and surprised her with the ring, went down on one knee, and asked her to marry me.